As one of the many private universities in Indonesia, UNPAR is still trusted by the local community as a university with a good reputation and high integrity.
- Experienced since 1955
Do you know that UNPAR is one of the earliest universities established in Indonesia?
Factually, UNPAR is:
- The first Catholic University in Indonesia
- The first Private University in West Java
- One of the Earliest Private Universities in Indonesia
- Established before many State Universities in Indonesia except for a select few.
- Notable Alumni
The main reflection of the quality of a university is its alumni’s reputation. UNPAR’s alumni work in multiple private corporations, State-Owned Corporations (BUMN), as entrepreneurs, professional independent businesses as well as in Government, education, and non-profit organizations within the country or abroad.
Since early on, people in general have acknowledged the quality of UNPAR’s alumni, who are considered competent, diligent, persevering, well-mannered and well behaved, honest, loyal in relations, trustworthy and dependable. A survey conducted by the Tempo Center for Data and Analysis (PDAT) in 2010 has shown that among Indonesians, UNPAR is considered as one of the private “elite” universities in Indonesia.
- Notable Achievements
UNPAR students have continuously attained high standards of achievements in UNPAR’s name in a multitude of events in various fields. Namely:
- Pascal Alfadian the First Runner-up in Google India Code Jam 2005, which was followed by 14,000 participants from various countries.
- Raynaldo Theodore the Winner of the 2014 National Architecture Design Contest (Sayembara Desain Arsitektur Nusantara), with a modernized and modified tribal house of Lore Lindu, Poso, Central Sulawesi.
- In an international symposium, the Inter-varsity Transportation Study Forum (Forum Studi Transportasi antar Perguruan Tinggi), UNPAR students won all competitions in bahasa Indonesia and English.
- The winner of Java-wide Management Competition “Explore Your potency”; The First Runner-up of Indonesia Accounting Fair; the Winner and Second Runner-up of Management Competition Let’s Be the Winning Team; The winner of P&G Business Challenge, The Winner of the National Accounting Olympiad – Gadjah Mada Accounting Days; The winner of the National Business Idea Development; The Winner of Unair National accounting Competition.
- Best Memorial Award, Runner-Up National Round and representing Indonesia in the Phillip C. Jessup Moot Court International Round in Washington DC.
- The UNPAR Basketball Team is among the top League in the Varsity National Basketball League, and always performs admirably in addition to becoming the recurrant
- Mahitala (Mahasiswa Parahyangan Pecinta Alam) /The Parahyangan Mountaineering Club became public highlight when it was able to conquer the Seven Summits (The seven highest peaks in the world) namely: Carstenz Pyramid (4.884 MASL) in Indonesia, Kilimanjaro (5.895 MASL) in Africa, Elbrus (5.642 MASL) in Russia, Vinson Massif (4.889 MASL) in Antartica, Aconcagua (6.962 MASL) in the Argentine, Everest (8.848 MASL) in Nepal, and Denali (6.194 MASL) in Alaska between 2009-2011.
- The LISTRA (Lingkung Seni Tradisional) / The traditional arts club, proudly represented Indonesia at an International festival in Greece, the 1st Traditional Dance International Festival in Nea Anchialos, and the 10th World Folkdance Festival.
- PSM (Paduan Suara Mahasiswa) /the Student Choir, won the 51 st Internationaler Chorwettbewerb in Spital an der Drau, Austria. The UNPAR Student Choir, (representing Indonesia), came first. In addition, the team also received the Best Interpretation award for the song “Gloria Patri” composed by an Indonesian composer Budi Susanto Yohanes.
Those are just a few examples of the achievements of UNPAR students that we can be proud of.
- You can Study Philosophy or even Mechatronics
A variety of Study Programs are available in UNPAR, Diploma, Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree, Masters and even Ph.D. /Doctoral degree, from the Philosophy to Electronic engineering (Mechatronics Major), under the 7 faculties.
The Faculty of Economics
Diploma III Company/Corporate Management
S1/Bachelor of Management
S1/Bachelor of Accounting
S1/Bachelor of Economic Development
The Faculty of Law
S1/Bachelor of Law Science
The Faculty Of Social and Political Sciences
S1/Bachelor of Business Administration
S1/Bachelor of Public Administration
S1/Bachelor of International Relations
The Faculty of Philosophy
S1/Bachelor of Philosophy
The Faculty of Industrial Technology
S1/Bachelor of Industrial Engineering
S1/Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
S1/Bachelor of Electronic Engineering (Mechatronics Major)
The Faculty of Information Technology and Sciences
S1/Bachelor of Informatics Engineering/Computer Science/Informatics
S1/Bachelor of Mathematics
S1/Bachelor of Physics
School Of Post-Graduate
Beginning 1995, Master’s programs (S2), were offered and in 2000, Doctoral degree programs were also offered.
Programs offered by UNPAR are:
- S2/Masters of Management
- S2/Masters of Social Sciences
- S2/Masters of International Relations
- S2/Masters of Law
- S2/Masters of Theology
- S2/Masters of Architecture
- S2/Masters of Civil Engineering
- S2/Masters of Industrial Engineering
- S2/Masters of Chemical Engineering
- S3/Doctor/Ph.D. of Economics
- S3/Doctor/Ph.D. of Law
- S3/Doctor/Ph.D. of Architecture
- S3/Doctor/Ph.D. of Civil Engineering
- Inspirational and Reflective Learning system
Learning in UNPAR has been evolving. The values of discipline, order, perseverance and honesty is maintained, but the joyful and fun environment is also the new norm. Learning processes are no longer Lecturer-centric but more dialogue-based, participative, and moving toward student-centered learning, to push the students to have the confidence to be interested in something new, be curious, ask questions, individually search for answers and be more responsible.
- Character and Career Development
More and more parents realize the importance of developing children’s character in this era of competition. The Duumvirate of UNPAR founders, set the following motto Bakuning Hyang Mrih Guna Santyaya Bhakti as UNPAR’s vision which means based on Divinity, learning dedicated to the society. This vision reflects the character that is currently being developed by all academic society of UNPAR.
In the 21st century, UNPAR has defined a vision of becoming an academic community which is “Humane with the spirit of compassion for truth” this is the character that is being nurtured to lecturers, administrative staffs, and students.
How is character education taught at UNPAR? first, through establishing a humane, all inclusive, and transformative campus atmosphere. An academic society that interacts in both academic and non-academic activities is expected to be gradually inspired to become mature individuals of good character.
In addition, the Institute of Humanities Development/Lembaga Pengembangan Humaniora (LPH) conducts a variety of training sessions / Geladi in order to develop students’ potential. Through these sessions, UNPAR pushes its students to develop themselves holistically, not only inside the classroom but out in the open as well, not only as individuals but as teams, not only independent but also collaborative, not only hard-skills but also soft-skills, not only the left brain hemisphere but also the right brain hemisphere.
In order to prepare a young adult human to work/to open a business, UNPAR conducted career development/preparations in the form of practical skills training sessions, communication, potential development, information and insight sharing, and mediation of vacancy offer and request.
- Numerous available scholarships
So many scholarships are available for students who meet the requirements, UNPAR is committed to giving learning opportunities for youths with sufficient academic potential but in need of financial aid from an economic point of view.
Currently the total amount of scholarships for UNPAR students is around d 8,000,000,000 IDR (eight billion Indonesian Rupiahs) annually. This is not a small feat for a university with a student body of around 10,000 (ten thousand) students. This figure will probably rise in the years to come. The sources of funding for the scholarships are donors and internal funds. The scholarship fund is allocated to several kinds of scholarships with differing schemes.
- A strategic, safe, and comfortable campus
The combination of safety and comfort has made UNPAR’s campus a place that is able to nurture students development toward maturity and good character.
- Dynamic student affairs
Since the 1950s UNPAR students have shown their pro-activeness. Learning has not only been about intra-curricular activities but is also accomplished through extra-curricular activities. UNPAR student life has always been passionate, full of energy, fiery, dynamic and irepressible. This is important for the self-development of students making the transition from being teenager to a young adult.
- Social awareness
UNPAR was established in the awareness of its founding fathers of the Indonesian society that had just been independent from colonialism. With all those who have good intentions, UNPAR has been participating in the effort to intellectualize the nation in order to promote the human dignity to a better level. This awareness is embodied in the UNPAR vision Bakuning Hyang Mrih Guna Santyaya Bhakti. UNPAR has been trying to make this social awareness come true in various kinds of programs and activities. Hopefully, UNPAR’s academic society can become agents of social change to a better society.