Has returned to the House Father in Heaven, Father Frans HCM Vermeulen, OSC., L.J.C. at the age of 78 years on Thursday, October 9th, 2014 at 19:00 pm at the OSC Convent House, Jl. Sultan Agung Bandung. During his lifetime, the departed had served as
– Secretary of UNPAR Foundation Board (1971 – 1988)
– UNPAR 3rd Vice Rector (1972 – 1984)
– UNPAR 2nd Vice Rector (1985 – 1994)
– Secretary of the Association of Catholic Universities (APTIK) (1993-1996)
– Treasurer of the Association of Catholic Universities (APTIK) (1996-1999)
– Dean of UNPAR Faculty of Philosophy (1996 – 1999)
– UNPAR MKU Coordinator (1999 – 2001)
– Chairman of the Supervisory of UNPAR Foundation (2004 – 2014)
On October 10 2014, an adoration service was held in memoriam of the deceased, led by Pastor Dr. Laurentius Tarpin, OSC at Universitas Katolik Parahyangan campus.
On the occasion, the bio / curriculum vitae of the deceased was being read by the Vice Chancellor for UNPAR Academic Affairs, Pius Sugeng Prasetyo, Ph.D., as well as the speech of the Rector; UNPAR Foundation Board represented by Ir. Iwan Supriya; Representatives from the UNPAR Alumni Association, Ir. Freddy Lim; as well as representatives of the Crosier Community, Father Ote, OSC.
Requiem Mass was held on Saturday, October 11th, 2014 at 10:00 in Wisma Pratista, and burial ceremony at the Tomb Crossier, Wisma Pratista.
The entire family of Parahyangan Catholic University stated a deep sorrow and may his spirit may be accepted in the sight of God the Almighty.